PDF Download

Abiqua Heights Homeowners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 13, 2014


Call to Order

The meeting was called to order by Dave Paul, at 6:30 p.m. Other board members present were Steve Barrett, David Danskey, and Nikkie McIntire. Tony Helbling was absent.

Steve made a motion for the Board to adjourn into executive session to discuss legal counsel issues regarding declarancy. The motion was seconded by David Danskey and unanimously approved. At 7:00 p.m. Dave called the regular meeting of the Board back to order. (This action is taken in accordance with ORS 94.640 (7)(a) The Board may close the meeting to owners and meet in executive session to: Consult with legal counsel, and consider personnel matters, negotiate contracts and collection of unpaid assessments.) There were seven additional Association members present at the regular meeting session.


Minutes for the Board of Directors Meeting held April 8, 2014 were approved as presented.

Open Membership Session

A member expressed a safety concern about the stop sign at the corner of Reserve and Tillicum that is partially obscured by the tree branches and indicated he had contacted the city. Drivers at this corner cannot properly see the stop sign. The Board will contact the homeowner regarding the concern.

Treasurers Report

  • Additional line items have been added to the Treasurer Report to coincide with the ProGrass contract. This will help in budgeting for the next yearly contract.
  • Legal: $585 to review and modify ProGrass contract. $1,560 to review Declarant status.
  • Meeting space expense of $175 pays for Board meetings for the balance of the year at the Senior Center.
  • $30,000 was transferred from Operating checking to Operating savings.

Committee Reports

Minutes for the May meeting of the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) were made available to the Board prior to the meeting. The committee would welcome receiving additional members to the committee. If any of the AHHA members would be willing to serve please contact Carol Anderson or a Board member.

Unfinished Business

  1. Commons Maintenance progress report: The Prograss billing to the Association listed thework completed for the month of April. All work completed is in accordance with the contract and several members have commented on the improved appearance in the Commons. The pump and aerators for the pond are scheduled for maintenance in June. There is a leak in the dam between the small and large pond. The board will coordinate this repair with Prograss.
  2. Engineer design plans for proposed pond restructuring: The Board anticipates presenting the design plans to the Association members at the Board of Directors meeting in July which will be held in the Commons. The Board plans to have a social activity as part of the meeting and presentation.
  3. Replacement of the redwood tree: David Danskey made a motion to order the tree with the planting date to be as recommended by Big Tree Company. The motion was seconded by Steve and unanimously approved.
  4. New AHHA website host: The new website is still under construction with data still being moved from the old website. Any suggestions or comments from members are welcome.
  5. Summer activities in the Commons: If any Association members are planning special events in the Commons, they are reminded to fill out a Commons Use Request form (available on the website). Members present said they had received an email from a AHHA member calling for a July 4th get together with fireworks. The member sending the email appears to be the organizer. The city has code restrictions on what fireworks that are allowed and any unauthorized use of fireworks would carry a liability.

New Business

  1. Planning the July meeting.: Several options were discussed for planning the July meeting. One consideration was to have the meeting on July 15th and not so close to the July 4th week end. Some social activity with possible food and music was suggested. Jean Steuart volunteered to put together proposed activities for the Board.
  2. Other: David Danskey believes that the Board needs to consider updating the Reserve Study. Reserve Study costs will be available for the next Board meeting in order to make a decision.
  3. No action was taken at this time as a result of the Executive session.

Adjournment at 8:35 p.m.

Next Meeting: June 10, 7:00 pm
Silverton Senior Center

Board Planning meeting

Respectfully Submitted
/s/ Dave O. Paul
Dave O. Paul

Board approved: