Abiqua Heights Homeowners Association
Board of Directors / Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Silverton Senior Center
Call to Order – roll call
- Meeting was called to order by Steve Barrett, at 19:00. Other board members present were Nikkie McIntire and Darren Von Flue. 8 members signed in attendance.
Minutes Passed 3 – 0
- Minutes for the Board of Directors held in May, 2015 were approved with as submitted.
Open Membership Session
- Playground wood chips appear to be low. They need to be raked at minimum and possibly have some new brought in.
- Is Pro Grass inspecting the playground equipment? Bill was checked and it looks as if they have been.
- Steve will meet with a representative from Pro Grass to determine and or confirm the answers to these questions and come up with a plan of action to move forward. Nikkie will also attend the meeting if available.
- The board was asked if we were considering the petitions to poll the community. Board member Nikkie McIntire addressed this question during the new business portion of our meeting.
- The board was asked to consider hiring a bookkeeping service in lieu of a management company. The argument was that a bookkeeper would save the community money.
- Was the lot #30 contacted about their over grown weeds?
Treasurers Report Passed 3 – 0
- Pro-Grass, PGE, Attorney and Welcome Committee (Dave Stewart) checks were paid out this month.
- David Danskey Submitted May’s “Budget vs. Actual Income and Expense” report.
- David Danskey will discontinue acting as the communities accountant at some point in July.
- David Danskey also stated that he would not be charging the community for his time as previously agreed.
- Thank you David!
- City changed out a lightbulb.
- Steve will contact owners of lots that need to have weed control.
- ARC – Next meeting – First Monday of the month.
- New homes are being built.
- Pond Study group was formally announced by the board. Motion made by Darren Von Flue and seconded by Nikkie McIntire. Passed 3 – 0.
- The Pond Study Group will be composed of the following members: Mike Schwingel, Jack Conner, Richard Meganck, and possibly Naseem Rakha. Board member Nikkie McIntire will attend meetings when avalible.
- Mike Schwingel gave a “Month of May” report to the board.
- Pond expense’s for the month of May is $33.97.
- New Aerators are expected to be needed in the near future.
- Pond Study group will be meeting with the City of Silverton, Earthworks and possibly others and reporting the board with their findings.
- HOA Management Search:
- Board Entered Executive Session at 7:31 and returned at 7:49.
- The board was asked to consider forming a “Maintenance Committee”. The board decided to post a call for volunteers on the website to judge community interest before taking further action. Darren will write up a statement to be posted one the communities site.
- Pro Grass is not preforming to the standards that we expect. Steve and Nikkie will meet with a representative from the company to work out our issues and provide direction.
- Nikkie McIntire gave a response to the petitions that were collected by Todd Ferrell and others.
- One builder signed for lots that had already been sold.
- Multiple signatures were turned in on the same lot (example: husband and wife who own one lot).
- 34% of lots signed the petition.
- Ultimately the board was elected to do a job and we believe that we are doing it to the best of our abilities.
- Steve will write a brief description of what a management company will be / will not doing in association with our community. It will be posted on our community website.
- During Executive session the board went over the contract advise from Attorney and Affinity Group ‘s contract itself that was for a one year at a cost of $930 a month.
- Darren Von Flue motioned to accept the contract with the Affinity Group with several of our Attorneys recommendations. Authorizing Steve to sign the contract after it is finalized. Motion was seconded by Steve Barrett. Passed 3 – 0.
- Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday July, 14th at 19:00
- Location: Abiqua Heights Commons weather permitting. Silverton Senior Center will be the backup location.