Abiqua Heights Homeowner’s Association
M I N U T E S
July 14, 2015
B O A R D M E E T I N G
Meeting Location: Outside Commons Area of Abiqua Heights HOA Board Members Present: Steve Barrett–President, Darren Von Flue–Secretary Board Members Absent: Nickie McIntire–Treasurer
- 7:08 PM: OPENING OF MEETING: OPEN MEMBERSHIP SESSION:
- Introductions: There was a short time of introduction around the circle of those in attendance as to each resident, board members and the property manager.
- Property Manager: There was a short time of questions and answers with Tim Benintendi of Affinity Group Inc. concerning the property management services. It was explained by board members and Tim Benintendi that the property management role would be to assist the board on the monthly tasks as necessary but there were no policy changes planned on how the HOA would continue to operate.
- July 4th Fireworks: There was also open discussion of some issues with the July 4th fireworks with residents not in compliance with local ordinances.
- Speeding Vehicles: There was also discussion of vehicle speeding issues in the area and that if it continues then a letter may need to be issued to the City of Silverton. This has mainly been reported as contractors working in the area.
- Stop Sign Visibility: It was also discussed that several stop signs were partially blocked by overhanging limbs. This was determined to be the responsibility of each homeowner to prune as necessary and something to be mentioned to homeowners in an email on the issue.
- Dead Tree Limb: There was discussion of a dead tree limb visible in the common area. The board consensus was to have an arborist prune any dead limbs as necessary.
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES: The minutes of the last meeting (June 9th) were reviewed. Steve Barrett motioned that we accept the minutes with one correction as follows: To strike the sentence under “New Business” 1. One builder signed for lots that had already been sold. That sentence is to be stricken as we could not substantiate this.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING AND REVIEW:
Nickie McIntire, Treasuer was absent but David Danskey, Bookkeeper gave the report on the finances through June, showing the budget versus actual income and expenses.
- Financial Reporting
- Current Funds Available as of 6-30-15:
- $ 70,799.35 General Operating Account
- $ 65,418.74 Reserve Money Market Account
- Total Assets ….. $136,218.09
- Steve Barrett made a motion to accept the financial reporting as presented and Darren Von Flue seconded the motion and the motion was passed.
- Financial Reporting
- BOARD REPORT: There was mention that David Stewart was resigning as bookkeeper with the transition to Affinity Group Inc. It was also discussed that we could use more volunteers for committees and the board. There is a need for volunteers with the following committees: ARC, Maintenance and Amenities. Steve Barrett suggested an August meeting with the landscaper in the commons area outside to be announced to homeowners by email. This would allow an opportunity for homeowners to express any concerns directly with the landscaper as well.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
Welcome Committee & Welcome Committee: David Stewart gave a brief update on properties that are for sale in the area and mentioned that the next ARC meeting is to be held, August 3rd.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS AND NEW BUSINESS:
Pond / Stormwater Drain System: Mike Schwingel explained that he had emailed a report to the board recently concerning pond issues. He explained that there is a problem with the infrastructure design of the drains. In order to motivate the City to do improvements it may be necessary for the HOA to contribute toward the engineering cost. It was discussed that the water level should be higher. He also mentioned that it is important that there be a pond committee and that volunteers are needed with a long term vision.
September 15th, 7:00 PM at the Senior Center.Meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.Respectfully Submitted,
Affinity Group Inc.
Property Manager, Broker