Abiqua Heights Homeowners Association
Board of Directors / Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Silverton Senior Center
Call to Order – roll call
- Meeting was called to order by Steve Barrett, at 19:00. Other board members present were Nikkie McIntire and Darren Von Flue. 5 members signed in attendance.
Minutes Passed 3 – 0
- Minutes for the Board of Directors held in Febuary, 2015 were approved with 1 spelling correction.
Open Membership Session
- Pro-Grass has begun spring/summer park maintenance.
- Steve will call Pro-Grass and remind them of their duties regarding stairs on Shelokum. They have been neglected at times in the past.
Treasurers Report Passed 3 – 0
- Nikkie reported that all but 3 dues have been collected.
- Dave Danskey reported that $35,000 was moved from checking into our savings account.
- Dave Danskey passed out February’s spreadsheet “Budget vs. Actual Income and Expense.”
- Park table is assembled and in place.
- Due to various reasons the Affinity group is the only management company that is still being considered for our community.
- We are paid through April with the Senior Center for our board meetings. They would like to raise our minimum rates to $50 a meeting. We need to decide where we would like to meet after April.
- ARC – 2 new building plans have been submitted and have preliminary approval.
- What should we do (if anything) with house blueprints that are currently being kept in our storage unit?
- ARC – Next meeting scheduled for April 13th.
- Welcoming Committee – 2 homes have sold recently and we are looking forward to greet new members to the community.
- HOA Management Search:
- Affinity Group is the only company left out of those originally contacted by the past board that is still under consideration.
- Steve is going to get their contract to our legal counsel for any comment or advice they may give.
- The board may need an executive session in the future to discuss management company needs.
- Any final decisions would be made in open session.
- What should be done with the pond?
- Letters and late fees will be sent out to the homes that did not meet the HOA dues collection deadline.
- A request to plant a memorial tree has been submitted to the board for approval. It was determined that the request should go through ARC and then to the board if necessary.
- HOA health seminar will be held March 12.
- Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday April 14th at 19:00
- Location: Silverton Senior Center